There should be no doubt that in regenerating of carbon SIZE DOES MATTER! Yet incorrect kiln design is almost the norm rather than the exception.
CADIA Custom Rotary Kilns are based around process first and foremost. Designed to ensure correct residence time at hold temperature of 20 minutes –
In Gold Adsorption carbon activity is your most important factor. Guaranteed 90%+ regeneration activity for fresh carbon.
Rotary Kilns also available for other processes, including uranium pre-
KILN TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
- Feed Rates Available 50—1400 kg/hr
- Moisture Content 50—1400 kg/hr
- Steam Requirement Not required (steam generated in carbon regeneration processes by adsorbed moisture)
- Feed Mechanism VSD driven positive displacement SS304 screw feeder with wedgewire dewatering screen
drier Not required. Steam is generated by the feed carbon moisture.
- Steam injection Not required except for biox of heavy flocculant fouled applications.
- Retort Tube AISI 321 SS retort Tolerances 0.05% roundness, 0.1% straightness End supported with EN8 casehardened riding and thrust rollers Integral Lifters designed for contraction and expansion of the retort
- Casing Robust mild steel casing with lightweight ceramic fibre insulation Finished in high temperature silver painted finish
- Heating System Three (3) zone thermally heat balanced PID controlled Independent three (3) zone overtemperature shutdown control. Duplex (control and overtemp thermocouples for each zone control Hearth mounted low temperature shutdown thermocouple Fuel Fired: Tangentially fired non-
impingement design Packaged FBR LPG/NG or Diesel fired burners
Electric: Dual side hanging heated design
Rescal PRM ‘rapid change’ element design
Drive System: Two independent drive systems for retort:
VSD Bonfiglioli Geared Drive with Spragg clutch/chain drive
24V DC Battery Backup Bonfiglioli Drive with 3 phase active monitoring, rotary encoder
monitoring and low temperature shutdown
TURN KEY AND AUTOMATION PACKAGE AVAILABLE ON REQUEST